Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Radio Broker - Grand Theft Auto IV - Part 5


Chicago duo Scott Lucas (of Local H semi-fame) and Blake Smith are the next band up on our review of Radio Broker, the indie style station in Grand Theft Auto IV. The two perform under the moniker The Prairie Cartel. The title of this track explains why it appears in GTA IV. "Homicide" is a slow burn. I can't say I liked it at first. It's got all the good components there, the funky bass line, the tight snare, the analog synth sounds, the all attitude vocals. But it seemed like it took awhile to get where it was going.

Of course, I can be wrong now and then. Upon a second/third/fourth listen, it's build up is exactly the right length and makes the payoff worth that much more. I enjoy this song more every time I hear it.

In fact, it's one of my top GTA tracks. Shouting 'Homicide' over and over is a great way to get you into the mood for some video game mayhem.

MP3: The Prairie Cartel - Homicide
Purchase through Amazon - Homicide
The Prairie Cartel

No comments: