Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gitane Demone - Incendiary Lover


So, as some of you may know, this isn't a new track. My answer to you is, 'eh, so what?' I found myself thinking of this track about a month ago and it's been rolling around in there since. I need to purge it from my system.


If you aren't famliar with the artist or track, a quick history lesson: Gitane was the female lead in death rock staple Christian Death, until the late 80s when she took off on her own. She put out things here and there until her own full length album in '97, Am I Wrong? followed by another in 2000. 'Incendiary' is from the late 80s.


I was fortunate enough to tour with her during the Texas/Louisiana leg of Am I Wrong? while working with the band Hollow Girl. I knew who she was before then, of course. But it was on this tour that I gained a real appreciation for the amazing voice she has. It definitely harkens back to some of the better jazz vocalists of the 30s and 40s. Using it for good grindy gothy death rock stuff just made it even more ethereal and haunting. In this particular case, a good synthy beat makes it prime dancefloor material for a spooky club at 3am.


Anyway, "Incendiary Lover" has always been my favorite track from Gitane. Maybe it's an old favorite of yours, or, even better, you've never heard it before. Enjoy.


MP3: Gitane Demone - Incendiary Lover

Purchase through Amazon - Incendiary Lover

No comments: