Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Presets - This Boy's in Love

Pet Shop Boys. Erasure. New Order. Depeche Mode. If those names evoke a mood or a vibe in you that involves dancefloors, synthesizers, and boy meets boy behavior, then you'll probably love this track from the Presets. It's nothing new by any means. It treads on the aforementioned bands with lots of earnest joy though and you can't help but find the track fun.

It's not my favorite track from the band by a long shot. I tend to prefer their darker, heavier stuff. Nevertheless, Beams was one of the better albums from last year and I'm guessing the new one, Apocalypso(released in April), has plenty of things to shake your ass to. I'll have a full review of the album here soon.



While I found the video to be gorgeously shot and edited, it didn't really do anything for me. I think, visually, it covered the same ground as Fischerspooner's "Emerge"

2 comments:

wonderfulbryan said...

you know, i liked a couple songs from that first presets album. but this one was really good! as far as the video goes, fischerspooner aside, muscley boys wrestling in milk...what's not to love?

Connorhalo said...

LOL - if you're into milk and boys, this one has it all!!