Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Figo



So, I got a track from a couple of NYC DJ/musicians called Figo. Their track, "Plaza" was remixed by Tommie Sunshine and results in a fresh yet familiar sound. It's got a basic four on the floor beat, but with scratchy synths, fuzzy guitars and ripped up vocals it ends up sounding more like an old Snog track or something from Bi-God 20 then anything from the current house/disco-punk movement. Which is fine with me. It's nice to for someone to take something out of the early '90s closet, dust it off and give it a fresh coat of paint. I'd call this a 1:30am track, squeezed in between a Nine Inch Nails remix and some Electric Six. Figo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this track is amazing, its true

Connorhalo said...

It really is good stuff. I hope I get the chance to play it next time I DJ.