Monday, May 12, 2008

Opening Remarks

Rubber Glove Seduction is a blog-when-I-feel-like-it page about music. While there's no one genre I'm focusing on here, my background and passions lie with Britpop, post-punk, electro/clash, disco-punk, punk, industrial, new wave and other art-trash. I won't get into a monologue about my music background, but I'll summarize by letting you know that I've been dj'ing for 10 years and have had numerous other music related experiences.

This blog comes out of a life long love/hate, work/pleasure relationship with music. Since I'm currently not spinning anywhere for the first time in a long time, I thought that putting my opinions to "print" is the next best thing.

Let me be upfront by saying that I'm given music by certain agencies that are looking to promote certain bands and songs. That said, I'm not here to be their mouthpieceor only to write about what they send me. I'm hear to call it like it is. In the end, this is about my opinion. If you disagree with something I say, let me know. And don't pull any punches either, because I surely won't be.

Rather than a traditional rating system, I'm using a more practical one for the moment. I'm giving each song or album a 'time slot' that I would give it were I spinning it in a set and including a 'before' and 'after' track to indicate a general vibe. It's a pretty vague system, but then again so are the basis for opinions in this world.

No comments: