Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Blank Concert


So, time a for a little audience feedback. Hearing that I'd missed Hall and Oates playing at the Troubador got me thinking about good shows I'd seen. Quick Poll: First concert, last concert, best concert, worst concert.

I'll start.

First Concert: Huey Lewis and the News, 1984 (Bakersfield)
Last Concert: Lemon Sun, 2008 (Las Vegas)
Best Concert: David Bowie, 2004 (New Orleans)
Worst Concert: The Circle Jerks, 1995 (Minneapolis)

As a side note, the reason Circle Jerks get 'worst': Kieth Morris stopping the show multiple times to complain that the crowd was being too rowdy. Too Rowdy? TOO ROWDY?? What kind of F'ing rock and roll is that?

Anyway, share your list and your stories.

4 comments:

Jack said...

ok, let's see...

First concert: The Moody Blues @ the UA (w/ my mom)

Most recent concert:Lemon Sun in Vegas 2008

Best Concert:ooo, maybe NIN @ Kontrol Factory! That, or PWEI @ the Whisky

Worst Concert: NIN @ the UA in the mid-90's. Was far too crowded w/ 'new' fans in Marilyn Manson t-shirts...blech.

Connorhalo said...

Ironic that both your best and worst involved Nine Inch Nails.

Unknown said...

First concert: The Thompson Twins @ The Hollywood Bowl. I was 10 years old and my parents took me.

Last concert: Official show = British Sea Power @ The Echo. We left early. Tons of sound problems and the band came on waaaaaaaay late. Unofficial show = Stone Temple Pilots @ The Jimmy Kimmel show. That show has a stage in the back and STP played 7 songs. Sort of a mini-concert, and they were awesome!

Best concert: U2, November 2, 2005, @ The Staples Center. I was about 4 feet away from Bono and they ended the show with an AMAZING 10 minute version of "Bad", my favorite song of all-time. Doesn't get better than that.

Worst concert: Probably Morrissey @ The Pacific Amphitheatre back around 1991. I love Morrissey, but the show was just bland and boring with very little pizazz.

Connorhalo said...

In regards to the Jimmy Kimmel stage, I saw Franz Ferdinand there. They played a 30 minute set after the show. It was AWESOME!

..and Thomspon Twins? That must have been great!