Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Video of the Day

"True Faith" from New Order. I loved this video as a teenager. As an adult, I look back on it and I can see that there was a label douchebag that stuck his big fat stupid nose into the process here and said 'this is all too weird, we need to intersperse all this weird shit with the band pretending to play'. The director then says, 'but we've already finished! We don't have any footage of the band!'. The label douche follows up with 'Well, just use some live footage from somewhere, I don't care. I just don't want to see all that weird stuff!'.

Douchebags.

Still a great song, and a mostly great video.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! You're probably right about the record label conversation! Those scenes do seem chopped in at the last minute. Always thought this was such a weird, intriguing - and memorable - video.